Resources – Disorders Treated with IG
Peripheral neuropathy describes damage to the peripheral nervous system, which transmits information from the brain and spinal cord to every other part of the body. More than 100 types of peripheral neuropathy have been identified, each with its own characteristic set of symptoms, pattern of development and prognosis.
- The Neuropathy Action Foundation, at www.neuropathyaction.org, educates, empowers and informs patients and physicians about neuropathy.
- The Western Neuropathy Association (www.pnhelp.org) provides support, information and referral to people with neuropathy and to those who care about them, informs and connects with the healthcare community, and supports research.
- To learn about PN, how it is classified, the symptoms, causes and treatments, see the Peripheral Neuropathy Fact Sheet.
- Calgary Neuropathy Association
PO Box 72068 RPO Glenmore Landing
Calgary, AB T2V 5H9
- Click on the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy's Find a Support Group tab for listings of support groups across the nation.
- Neuropathy Support Network
- Neuropathy Alliance of Texas
- Yahoo Peripheral Neuropathy Support Group
- Yahoo Peripheral Neuropathy Support Group — Australia