The IG Living Essay Contest is now underway and is open to all IG patients and their caregivers ages 18 and older. First place winner will receive and iPad Mini and have their essay published in IG Living Magazine! Second and third place winners will each receive $50 gift cards and have their essays published on the IG Living blog.
Winners Announced on July 1st!
Begin your essay with the following sentence: “My life turned around and improved when…”
- Write no more than 600 words
- Type and double space your entry
- Include an essay title, your name, complete address, email, phone number and word count
- Submit your entry electronically as a Microsoft Word attachment to editor@IGLiving.com
or submit it by mail to:
IG Living Essay Contest
41093 County Center Drive
Temecula, CA 92591
Attention: Carla Schick
Mail your entry by June 1, 2013 (must be postmarked by that date)
How Your Essay Will Be Scored:
IG Living’s judges will rate the entries on a scale of one to 10 on five criteria.
- Organization (the writing flows logically with clear structure)
- Mechanics (spelling, capitalization and punctuation are correct)
- Content (subject is discussed clearly, and the reader is left with a finished feeling)
- Creativity (content is compellingly interesting for our audience)
- Effectiveness (the whole entry is effective in its purpose for our audience)
Read a Sample of the 2012 Winner’s Essay:
Lessons from the Deep
The last time I did something for the first time, I … walked slowly down the ramp into the 90-degree therapy pool for my first strengthening and toning class. As I moved deeper into the water, I was amazed at how soothing it felt. I thought: Why on earth did it take me so long to get here? - Patricia Carroll. Click here to read the full winning essay.